Born in Milan in 1899, an engineer and painter, he worked in Milan, Berlin and Paris between 1927 and 1934. Back in Milan he is one of the protagonists of the avant-garde movements of those years: from "Current" to the Realistic Movement Which is one of the initiators and major assertors. At the same time he has a creative and theoretical function in the group of Milanese rationalist architects, from Pagano to Rogers, from Albini to Belgiojoso, Gardella and Zanuso. She works with Buttons, Lingerie and Terragni at competitions and brave accomplishments. He participates in the V Triennale of Milan, in 1933, with a fresco and the exhibition of his Chapel of the Shroud. In 1934 he created the house of Via Marcora, one of the first examples of rational architecture in Milan. In 1935 he designed and built a series of metal furniture, including the Genni chaise longue. He participates as a painter or architect at VI, VII, VIII Triennale. He is a member of the CIAM and the MSA. With Piero Bottoni is one of the authors of the QT8 experimental quarter where he erected a prefabricated house in 1947. He participated in the drafting of the Milan Regulatory Plan, after proposing the "AR" plan with Albini, Bottoni, Belgiojoso, Peressutti, Putelli and Rogers. In 1945 he built the Farm Houses for Valera Fratta with Buttons and Pucci, in 1953 he created the Muscoline asylum. From 1955 he devoted exclusively to painting: between 1956 and 1961 he taught at the Academy of East Berlin and at the Greifswald University. In 1960 he briefly resumed his work as an architect, building the Villa Braendli in Carona. In 1983, a large anthological exhibition was set up at the Museum of Modern Art in Berlin, at the Puskin Museum in Moscow, and at the Bremen Contemporary Art Society. She disappeared in May 2002.
See all the designer's products