De Pas - D'Urbino - Lomazzi
Architects, born in Milan in the 1930s, have been working together since 1966 in the design of architectures, objects, furnishings, furnishings and urban design. In the 1960s, special attention was paid to the creation of furniture and temporary architectures, characterized by the use of advanced signs, materials and advanced technologies: they design and construct a series of pneumatic housing structures for the Italian Pavilion at the World Expo Osaka and for the XIV Triennale of Milan: in 1967 they realized with Zanotta the inflatable armchair "Blow". In 1972 they participated in the exhibition "Italy: The New Domestic Landscape" at the Museum of Modern Art in New York; Realize industrial and residential buildings and extend their intervention to the different areas of the industrial product: furniture and home and office equipment, lighting, electronics. At the same time, through the numerous exhibitions, including the exhibition "Italienische Möbel Design 1950/80" at the Stadt Museum in Cologne, experimental testing on the "border" design between architecture and design continues. In 1979 they received the Compasso d'Oro Award. Their works are featured in the design collections of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Victoria & Albert Museum in London and the Center Pompidou in Paris. Their production is documented in the historical literature on Italian design and in the major international publications of architecture and industrial design: in 1977 the magazine Japan Interior Design devotes them a monographic number. The project activities combine theoretical through the Association for Industrial Design. De Pas, D'Urbino and Lomazzi have started collaborating with Zanotta since 1966. Arch. De Pas disappeared in 1991.
See all the designer's products