Gino Levi Montalcini - Giuseppe Pagano Pogatschnig
Gino Levi Montalcini. Graduated in 1925, between 1928 and 1930 he designed with Giuseppe Pagano some of the first and most significant works of the new architecture, including the Gualino office building in Turin. Linked to the critical debate within the MIAR, he participates in the Triennals of Milan with furnishings, projects and fittings. He collaborates with La Casa Bella and Domus and after the war resumes the design work, realizing, with the group of Morelli, the headquarters of the University of Turin (1959-1967). He teaches first in Palermo and then in Padua and Turin, with the chair of Architectural Composition until 1972. Giuseppe Pagano Pogatschnig. In the First World War he volunteered for Italianizing his surname in Pagano. Graduated in Architecture in Turin in 1924, he directs the technical office of the Turin Exhibition of 1928, where, with Levi-Montalcini, he cares for the design of the Gualino Palace. In Milan since 1931, he has conducted with Casa Persica the Casa Bella and then, with Bega and Bontempelli, Domus. He collaborates with Predaval for the project of Bocconi University in Milan. Entered into the Resistance in 1943, he is arrested and deported to Germany. He dies in concentration camp.